Serving papers to Out of state spouse

My husband is out of state and to serve the paper, does my server also need to mail out FL-117 along with the certified mail with proof of delivery? What if he doesn’t send back the response but i have a proof that the mail was delivered to him, can i still file for default judgement after 30 days? Please help!

Service by mail through FL-117 does NOT require certified mail with proof of delivery; however, it is only valid IF your husband signs and returns the FL-117. If he refuses to cooperate with service, you must make arrangements to have him personally served.