I filed for legal separation but now I want a divorce

What do I do?

Assuming you have not yet entered a judgment of legal separation, you can amend your original Petition to request a divorce, and the case will “convert” to a divorce at that point in time. If, however, you’ve already finished your legal separation matter, you’ll need to file a new case requesting the divorce.

It totally depends on the state you live. But still, the court judgement is awaited you can talk to your lawyer to convert your case in the Divorce.

How to write my questions?I’m new and need help please