Can I finish the rest of the forms by mail

I want to add additional question to this please help me. Do I need to file in court and get the FL-141 and FL-150 stamped first by the clerk before I mail it to my husband?. On video on youtube it shows that we can serve by mail by the petitioner or in person by other party not involve in the case.
QUESTIONS: 1. DO I have to file in court the FL-141 and FL-150 before I serve or I can by mail or in person ?.
2. Does FL-141 needs to be stamped first?
3. Is mailing and in person serving has to be done by other party not involved in the case?
4.Do i include FL-120 when I serve and includes all blank forms of the documents served?
5.I passed 60days giving the court the Proof of Summon that my husband was served by the Sheriff , I just submitted it 61days and just going to serve Preliminary. My husband didn’t respond though, Question is, will the court close my case for not adhering to the given time frame?.

Please reply this is urgent for me to submit this as I was typing this it is the 61calendar days from the day my husband was served and I don’t want to delay it more as I even submitted the proofon a 61th day due to misunderstanding on time frame. I though i have to wait 60 days to move forward for the PRelim Disclosure and other Docs.

Thanks all answer will be appreciated.

1 Like

[quote=“mgfraser, post:21, topic:181”]
QUESTIONS: 1. DO I have to file in court the FL-141 and FL-150 1st before I serve my spouse (via mail or person)?.
2. Does FL-141 needs to be stamped first before serving to Husband and is this something I leave to him or for myself to give to court?
3. Is serving by mail or in person has to be done by other party not involved in the case?
4.Do i include FL-120 when I serve and includes all blank forms of the documents served?( not sure when it was included when ti asked the sheriff to serve it , I believe not but respondent didnt reply passed 60+ days now but then yet i just submitted proof of summon on 61th calendar day due to misunderstanding on instruction sheet)
5.I passed 60calenda days giving the court the Proof of Summon that my husband was served by the Sheriff , I just submitted it on the 61thday and just NOW going to serve Preliminary hence i am inquring before i do so… My husband didn’t respond though, QUESTION IS, will the court close my case for not adhering to the given time frame?.

1. No, you do not need to file FL-141 or FL-150 prior to serving your spouse.

2. No. In fact, FL-141 is a document stating you have served your spouse. If you file it before serving, you couldn’t actually fill out the form correctly.

3. Yes.

4. When you serve FL-100/FL-110, you must include a blank FL-120.

5. No.

Thank you but if i may follow up question ;

1. Why is it that I have to serve include FL 141 w the rest of the forms FL-140 FL-142 and FL 150 if it is just a proof that I serve my spouse?. Do i just include it as BLANK copy and do the blank of the other forms i will submit to him?

2. I don’t think FL-120 was included by the paralegal when he was served by the sheriff. Should I include this when I have my mother served him in person?. - once He was served does my mother only fill out and sign FL-141 or there’s other form i need?.

One concern of mine that I want to ask you. When he was served by the Sheriff, Since I misunderstood the instruction and did not submit PROOF oF SUMMON fr the sheriff until 61th day from the date they served. I thought I will have to wait till 60 days to pass to move forward. THough my husband did not respond to it since he probably does not know what to do (as no blank forms given to him and ive heard he didnt even read it& just know its divorce papers) ) I jst literally jsut submitted PROOF OF SUMMONS on the 18th of Sept’18. and now just working on putting together my prelim. My Follow up question re #5

1. You said the court won’t close the case, so that means they Will they still accept my FL-150 and FL-141 if i submitted it next week once I served my husband, is that right?.

2. How long will i wait till I can consider submitting default judgement form after serving Preliminary docs since this was all passed 60days?

3. Can i submit a form to waive FINAL disclosure with the Default Judgement or I have to submit Final disclosure form first to court prior to sending Default Judgement Form?.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate this very much.

1. You serve FL-141 because it is mandatory, meaning that if you do not do so, you cannot obtain your divorce. You need to fill it out completely; however, as part of service, you also need to include a blank FL-141 and other blank forms of the documents you serve him.

2. FL-120 is required for proper service of summons (look at FL-115: the form clearly states that service of summons includes this form). Your mother does not fill out FL-141. YOU fill out and sign FL-141.

3. Yes.

4. After you’ve completed your financial disclosures and at least 30 days after service, you can submit your judgment at any time.

5. Yes, you can waive your final disclosures once the preliminary disclosures are done.

Thanks so much… To confirm…

1. Include blank FL-141 and one that I fill out myself ( without clerk stamp).right?.

2.You said said that even if my husband was served in person by my mother, _" I am still the one " that needs to fill out and sign the FL-141, is that right?

1. How long will i wait till I can consider submitting default judgement form after serving Preliminary docs since this was all passed 60days?

2. Can i submit a form to waive FINAL disclosure with the Default Judgement or I have to submit Final disclosure form first to court prior to sending Default Judgement Form?.

Hello,

You asked the same question I’m still seeming to have a problem with. Any way you can contact me directly so I can get a better understanding. We just include a blank copy of 141/ 142/ 150 and 140? I get that we served him unstsmped but is he supposed to reply back to courts and will I be notified ?

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Anytime.

4. Yes, you can (and should) waive your final disclosures.

I believe HE needs to reply and then Im not sure if we also get served or mailed out a copy of his reply.

On #4 answer ,Question

1. what form I should use for waiving final disclosure, is it the FL-141 and instead putting final and then filling out item 3 and below of the form or filling out the entire form ?.ANd this has to be served again to spouse if im putting default judgement ?

2. I am confuse too , I already submitted FL-141( along w FL-150 for Preliminary disclosure) and have a copy of FL-141 stamped by the court. IS that the one I have to submit ( a copy of it) or i need to fill out another one and have to fill out all the fields,ANd this has to be served again?.

3.Pls advise in my case what are the DEfault judgement form i need to submit with wanting to WAIVE the FINAL DISCLOSURE(what form to fill out to waive it) and if I already have submitted FL-105, I already have judgement on child custody & child support.( not sure if i will re do filling out all this forms when we already have judgement on our sons visitations/custody/support-ongoing child support garnishment). We dont have properties or assets to divide but debt which i have already submitted hence i want to waive final disclosure. Which form in the default i can put that i want spousal support as reserved for future?.
4. Is it ok to submit all this default judgement only a week after submitting to court the Prelim declaration( prelim was submitted after 60days of Initial Petition of Devorce no response)? DEfault is due to no response already passed 60days( fr petition)

I can’t wait for this to end. I hope that all of your followers able to follow this thread. YOu are very helpful and I don’t know what I can do without this forum and your youtube videos. I belive GOd guided me to find you on youtube.

1. If you are submitting a strict default judgment, you do not need to file anything “extra” to waive your final disclosure. If this is a default with agreement (NOT your situation), you would need to both sign and submit FL-144.

2. You do not need to refile FL-141/FL-150 for a true strict default judgment.

3. At the very least, you need FL-170, FL-180, and FL-190 to complete a default judgment without agreement. If you have not yet taken the other party’s default, you will also need FL-165. You MAY need additional forms and attachments for FL-180 depending on your specific situation.

4. Yes. You can submit a default judgment after 30 days have passed with no response AND if your financial disclosures are done.

Good luck!

1. ON the #4 question u said wait 30days to file judgmnt . I jsut submitted Pre-lim docs 10-4-18 ,
    60 days have passed & no response since the initial Petition( since i forgot ro submit pre-lim docs). PRe lim docs submittied only after 60days due to not knowing i have to submit it as soon as after initial opening of divorce. U answered on the question i had on this topic that i can file the judgement anytime even if i jst filed the Prelim Docs and no more waiting 30days as Its already passed 60days from the day it was initially served?. Pls clarify this with me if I have to do something at this point as its not yet 30days since he was served prelim docs and I already submitted the Default Judgement Forms. :(:sob:

I just dropped off my default judgement documents today and the envelopes 9X12 & #10 envelope instead of just 1 as i am not really sure what i am doing and where to file.

When I arrived to the court today I was told by the window clerk that I should just drop off everything at the dropbox no need to file with them as its the judge that will approve it. I didn’t trust that so I asked him to stamp FL-141 and I attached it to my docs before dropping it at the dropbox.

Documents I passed: FL-180, FL-141 , FL-190, FL-170,FL-165
along w needed envelope. I gave the copy of PROOF of SUMMON ( letter from the Sheriff).

Question: Atty. Cristin,

2.what’s gonna happen if I forgot to include FL-115 with the docs i submitted( prelim declaration). I have never endorsed it when I submitted my prelim declaration bec I thought FL-141 was sufficed along w other docs. Although I have it with me Cristin. I just gave spouse blank forms and the copies of the one i filed( FL-150, FL-140,FL-142 and FL-141) to the court.Again, Will my petition for default judgement get decline due to this 1 Docs?.

3.Is it too late to file my FL-115 cos the signature of my mom was since 10-4-18 and the stamp of all the docs served was 10-4-18, instead filling it along w the Prelim declaration I thought its for me to keep and gv spouse copy.

1. Now that I already submitted the Default Judgement forms ( due no response)without submitting FL-115 that I along w Prelim Docs ( instead i gave the P.O.S . letter fr Sheriff when for serving spouse) , u think it would have a big impact for my divorce to be declined for judgement?..

5.Can anyone endorse the FL-115 in court ( to be stamped ) and leave one copy for me and the one for the court?.

Pls help me pray everyone that I get this divorced approved for default judgement.

If you have not filed FL-115, you need to do so. It’s never “too late,” and it’s required to obtain your Judgment. It’s very likely your Judgment will be rejected if you have not filed it.

Any adult can file paperwork on your behalf.